Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:12:50 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) wrote:

> In addition, there are (sometimes common) visual representation which
> don't have a matching logical representation without formatting codes:

Yes, that's true.  But that's not what we were trying to solve in this
case.

> What does (bidi-visual-to-logical ".02-654-3210 :SI REBMUN YM" 'R2L) eval to?

Yes, this is one of the nonsensical things UAX#9 does.

> I can only produce it using: "MY NUMBER IS <LRM>02-654-3210."

I'd expect LRO...PDF to also work, but I agree that LRM is a better
choice.

I think the Hebrew input method should insert LRMs and RLMs
automatically in cases like this one, if we can reasonably detect them.