[emacs-bidi] emacs-bidi for MS Windows?

From: Janusz S. Bień
Subject: [emacs-bidi] emacs-bidi for MS Windows?
Date: 05 Jul 2002 22:18:14 +0200

On Mon, 01 Jul 2002  address@hidden wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:11:50 +0900 (JST)
> From: TAKAHASHI Naoto <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Subject: [emacs-bidi] Emacs for Arabic
> Sorry to have kept you waiting so long.  Emacs with Arabic capability
> is finally available.  It is still primitive and provisional.  We
> welcome any suggestions and bug reports.
>   http://www.m17n.org/emacs-bidi/index.html

I compiled it without problems on Woody Debian. Despite following your
instructions I cannot display Arabic, but this may be a problem of my
X Windows configuration. On the other hand, I noticed that the Emacs
window is not always refreshed correctly. At the moment I have no time
for more tests.

My main and important questions is: should Emacs-bidi compile with
Mingw and work on MS Windows?

Best regards

dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW
Prof. Janusz S. Bien, Warsaw Uniwersity
Na tym koncie czytam i wysylam poczte i wiadomosci offline.
On this account I read/post mail/news offline.