Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: emacs-bidi - funtional/ready, now what ?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: emacs-bidi - funtional/ready, now what ?
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:15:06 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, TAKAHASHI Naoto <address@hidden> writes:
>>  Has RMS or the emacs developers given a clear statement on what it
>>  is that they'd like to see or not (URL) ?  Is there a means for us
>>  to elevate Bidi's inclusion on their list of things to do ?

Please visit this page:
    http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/
and search string "bidi".  Then, you'll find, for instance,
this page:
    http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2001-07/msg00042.html

You'll see the flow of discussions by reading previous or
next mails on the same thread.

> Don't worry.  The core developers are aware of the necessity of bidi.
> All we need is a programmer who
>   1. knows Emacs' display engine, and
>   2. is familiar with bidi concepts, and
>   3. has time to write a code.

> Yes, there are a few men who satisfy 1. and 2. above, but they are all
> busy.  (You know how such people are rare and precious.)  If you
> really want bidi support right now, you need to hire them.  Otherwise,
> you need to wait for their voluntary work or do it yourself.

If I can get a budget of, at least, 40,000 USD, I can
persuade our boss that I spend my time on it as a side job.
:-)

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden