Re: [emacs-bidi] state of BIDI within stable GNU emacs (UTF8) nikud

From: Hossein Noorikhah
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] state of BIDI within stable GNU emacs (UTF8) nikud
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:56:37 +0330

Hi.
I want to know more about using Pango for text rendering that can
solve these kind of problems. I read in mailing list achieves that
Emacs developers have tried Pango for text rendering, but they found
it not suitable for Emcas. I want to know why? Is it too hard to make
it suitable for this job? I think it would be a nice job to do this,
integration with GNOME desktop, antialieased fonts, good
internationalization support, etc.
Thanks.