Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: state of BIDI within stable GNU emacs (UTF8)nikud

From: Martin Duerst
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: state of BIDI within stable GNU emacs (UTF8)nikud
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:56:15 +0900

At 04:48 05/11/24, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>  http://www.m17n.org/emacs-bidi/

>The ``other ongoing attempt'' it refers to is the code I wrote, but
>unfortunately no one had time to work on it since it was written and
>integrated into the Emacs display engine.  It needs a lot of
>debugging.

What kind of debugging exactly? Do you have a known list of bugs?
Are there particular features of the implementation that you know
need testing more than others? What kind and amount of testing or
debugging did you do so far? What's the best way to debug the code?
Has anybody done anything like a code review or so? Any other info
that might help anybody to make progress?

Regards, Martin.