[emacs-bidi] Thank you Eli for your work on bidi!

From: Ze'ev Clementson
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Thank you Eli for your work on bidi!
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 11:13:37 -0700

Hi Eli,

I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you've done on adding bidi
support to Emacs. I realize it's not finished yet; however, I can see
that it is nearly there. I am a long-time emacs user and have always
been frustrated by having to switch to another editor whenever I wanted
to work with Hebrew. Since I don't need to enter Hebrew text very often
when I'm programming, this has never been a big issue for me; however,
it's always irritated me whenever I had to do it. Over the years, I've
periodically checked up on the progress of unicode support and bidi
support in emacs. Good Unicode support was a huge leap forward and now
bidi support is nearly there too. This is really great and I appreciate
all of the efforts that you (and others, but particularly you) have made
in persevering with the bidi implementation.

Thank you,
Ze'ev