[emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:53:15 +0300

> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:22:49 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>
> Is anyone working on this, per chance?

No one responded, so I did this myself.  It's in the repository now;
suggestions for improvements and corrections are welcome.

If you want to read it _as_ a tutorial (with "C-h t"), then you will
need for now to manually set bidi-display-reordering non-nil, because
"C-h t" currently doesn't honor file-local variables -- something to
be fixed in the near future.

(I wrote the entire tutorial in Emacs, and found the level of support
we have now quite satisfactory, even in a few cases where I needed to
use the bidi formatting control characters to get the text to display
like I wanted.  I also discovered a couple of minor bugs, which I will
fix soon.)