Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Arabic support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Arabic support
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:13:35 -0400

> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:58:48 +0900
> From: "Martin J. Dürst" <address@hidden>
> CC: 大嶋 俊祐 <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>         address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Many thanks for your quick and detailled feedback. Any hints on how we
> could go about to figure out which of the factors below is the culprit?
> (e.g. check which libraries we linked against,...)

I would begin with posting here what the configure script displays at
the end of its run, where it tells which features will be available in
the build.

Handa-san said in a message about a week ago what libraries to link
against to get Arabic support, see:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-08/msg01157.html

Make sure you do what he says there, and ask questions if you have
them.  The versions of libotf you have might also help.

There are a couple of other users of Cygwin here, so perhaps asking
them to try to reproduce your problem would be a good idea.  Asking on
the Cygwin mailing list regarding the degree of support for
bidirectional text in the ported libotf and its dependencies might
also help.

Hopefully, one or more of these will bring some ideas, and we could
take it from there.