Re: [emacs-bidi] Bidirectional editing in Emacs -- main design decisions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Bidirectional editing in Emacs -- main design decisions
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 19:02:04 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:11:33 -0300
>
> It sounds very reasonable, but at the same time I don't understand in
> which way it differs from your earlier opinion that it should "stop
> reordering" (whose meaning is very unclear to me).

Well, that's my fault: "stop reordering" is simply misleading.

What I meant by that was that the reordering will completely process
all the text before (in the logical order) the part covered by a
display property, then process the display spec, and only then reorder
the text after the property.

So this buffer text

  ABCDE display XYZ

will be reordered as