Re[1]: bitmap files

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[1]: bitmap files
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:33:15 -0400

>>> Dave Love <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>
> EML> don't seem to get pbm support,
>
>Could you debug that?  I think it worked for me on Solaris.
>
> EML> thus no toolbar.
>
>I found I hadn't actually installed the change in startup.el to allow
>PBMs until today, but M-x tool-bar-mode should work.
>
> EML>   I do have xbm support.  While this is probably lame on a windows
> EML> platform, it is an X standard,
>
>There shouldn't be anything against XBM on Doze when image support in
>general works on it.
  [ ... ]

Hi,

  I was able to get it to work on my Solaris machine with the pbms.  It's
interesting.

  My recommendation for the default color scheme is to have the icons
be black on the grey, and perhaps less black when disabled, instead of
non-existent.  I'll guessed there was an option for that already, and
sure enough, the default foreground for the tool bar face is black, so
this seems to be ignored for me.

  I'd like to offer pbms as back up images for speedbar also.  I liked
the idea passed around earlier about find-image not taking an
extension.  That would make my life easier.

Eric