[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:45:40 +0200 (CEST)
Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.0.90
"Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
> > Stupid question from a newbie: what's the distinction between
> > emacs-hackers and emacs-devel?
> The former is for discussions between the developers, while the latter
> is for people who don't have write access to the CVS tree but want to
> talk to the developers.
We will have anon CVS, probably shortly before the 21.1 release.
With anon CVS, I think we'll need both a public communication channel,
which will be emacs-devel, and a private one, which is emacs-hackers.
I'd expect that 99% of the traffic will be on emacs-devel, and much
less on emacs-hackers, which should also be low-traffic because some
people like Richard don't want to receive another ton of messages (who
does?). To keep it low-traffic is also the reason we only want a few
core developers on the emacs-hackers alias. If someone thinks he has
to say something in the private, please just mail to emacs-hackers
even if you're not on the alias; that worked fine in the past.
Re: mode-line-inverse-video, Gerd Moellmann, 2000/10/17
- Re: Mailing lists, (continued)
- Re: Mailing lists, Eli Zaretskii, 2000/10/16
- Mailing Lists, Andre Spiegel, 2000/10/15
- Re: Mailing Lists, Werner LEMBERG, 2000/10/15
- Re: Mailing Lists, Eli Zaretskii, 2000/10/16
- Mailing lists: So how does it work?, Andre Spiegel, 2000/10/17
- Re: Mailing lists: So how does it work?, Miles Bader, 2000/10/17
- Re: Mailing lists: So how does it work?, Eli Zaretskii, 2000/10/17
- Re: mode-line-inverse-video,
Gerd Moellmann <=
- Re: Mailing lists, Eli Zaretskii, 2000/10/17
- Re: mode-line-inverse-video, Eli Zaretskii, 2000/10/15