Re: Info faces

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:25:10 +0900 (JST)

> On 16-color tty's also?  How can this be?  What RGB values are put
> into tty-defined-color-alist for lightred on those tty's, and what
> code in Emacs defined thsose RGB values?

I made my own list of colors that match the set of colors displayed by
gnome-terminal.  [I wasn't aware of a standard for 16-color ttys]

> I don't have anything in principle against changing the defaults, but
> I'd like to understand the cause of the difference between the
> behavior you described and the tty on which I tested the colors.  In
> my case, both lightred and lightblue were displayed exactly, since
> those are two of the 16 standard VGA text-mode colors.

If there is a `standard set' of RGB values for 16-color ttys then I
guess we have to use that.  [Can you send it to me?]

However the colors displayed by various terminal emulators under X vary
wildly -- there seems to be an intent to display the same set of colors,
but the actual colors are often *really* different (mostly because of
great differences in brightness).

-Miles