Re: tool-tip default

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 21:06:49 +0200

> From: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
> Date: 07 Nov 2000 07:59:49 -0800
>
>   blinking box cursor in Emacs would be as annoying, distracting, and
>   evil as the blinking tag in HTML or animated GIFs. Don't change it.

It's changed already; you can always customize it to stop blinking.

The question now is whether it is so bad that it should be disabled by
default, and my impression from this thread is that we are divided,
with slightly more people preferring the blinking cursor.  So I don't
think we should disable the blinking, unless we hear an outcry during
pretest.