Re: Contributing to Emacs Development

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Contributing to Emacs Development
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:25:22 +0200

> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 14:11:12 +0000
>
> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'd like to avoid using filesystem features such as symlinks, since
> > they are not portable outside Unix and GNU/Linux systems.
>
> Aren't we trying to solve a problem with the Debian installation here?

No, I'm trying to arrive at a solution that would allow several
versions of the same manual to be installed, and perhaps even used
simultaneously.

The problems with Debian installation appeared because they tried to
solve that same problem, but couldn't do that with the current tools,
because Info wasn't designed for that.

Unless we change something, the only solution for the Debian
installation problem is to leave a single version installed and delete
all the others, or at least remove them from the DIR file.