Re: tool-tip default

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 14:45:37 -0500 (EST)

   > Of course, the documentation should all be in Texinfo, but it isn't.
   > Lots of documentation is in the `Commentary' section of an Emacs
   > Lisp file.

   Last time we brought up this issue, Richard was opposed to adding
   significant amounts of material to the Emacs manual, telling that it
   would make the printed manual too large and too expensive.

   He did agree to have separate manuals, like we have with Eshell,
   WoMan, Ebrowse, and others, because those aren't printed with the core
   Emacs docs.

I agree with having separate manuals -- what I don't like is when the
documentation is in an Emacs Lisp and, by default, is not installed.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com