Re: key bindings in hideshow.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: key bindings in hideshow.el
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:09:52 -0500

> thi <address@hidden> writes:
> >    2 of them are assigned to keys that are used a lot in cc-mode based
> > modes.
> >    C-c C-c is comment-region
> > i am open to suggestions.  (the current keybindings do not conflict in
> > lispish modes, which is where i use hideshow mostly.)
>
> Although I've been thinking it would be nice to bind comment-region in
> emacs-lisp-mode too, and it would better to use the same binding as
> cc-mode...

May I point out that C-c C-c for comment-region is only useful if
you don't use transient-mark-mode.  Otherwise, you can just use
comment-dwim bound to M-; which always does-what-I-mean.

        Stefan

PS: I have C-c C-c bound to `compile' in most/all modes (or to its
    equivalent such as sml-compile for sml-mode or tex-compile for tex.
    I haven't bound it to byte-compile-file yet in elisp-mode, but
    it's only a question of time).