Re: NTEmacs21.0.92.1 Feedback

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: NTEmacs21.0.92.1 Feedback
Date: 30 Nov 2000 21:38:44 +0000

> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:55:42 +0000, address@hidden wrote:
>
> > o Gnus no longer works out of the box, it signals a `wrong type
> > argument: number-or-marker-p' error.
>
> Please, check the result of (frame-height) to see if it's returning
> nil. I get that same error message in almost every package that tries
> to resize a window taking into account the height of the frame (for
> example, after loading ehelp.el, describe-function and friends do not
> work).

Could someone using X please try to create frames using a non-default
frame height in their .Xdefaults and check the result of (frame-height). I
noticed some strange behaviour on my Solaris box today that may be
related (the mode line suddenly jumped to where it would have been if
the frame-height was at its default).

Unfortunately my Solaris box got carted away to be redeployed
elsewhere within AT&T soon after that, so I don't have access to it
any more.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>