Re: Customization

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Customization
Date: 11 Jan 2001 09:56:20 +0100

Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:

>  >> It should presumably use Custom `themes' support.
>
>  PA> No, it can be created very simply with a
>
> What is the use of themes if not for that sort of thing?

A themes bind values to options.  A group just list the options.  From
what I understand, it is the later we want in the specific case.  Give
the users a chance to see the most popular options, but don't set the
options for the users.

>  PA> (defgroup peoples-choice '((require-final-newline custom-variable)
>  PA>                            (font-lock custom-group)
>  PA>                            (user-mail-address custom-variable)
>  PA>                            (text-mode-hook custom-variable) ; for
> auto-fill
>  PA>   "Popular customization options.")
>
> Does the set in the Options menu omit anything significant?

It doesn't have require-final-newline or user-mail-address from the
list above.

Anyway, I suspect Kai Grossjohan would be the expert in what
customizations are most popular.  Or try asking the question on a user
list.