Re: documentation vs. customize (Re: <backspace> and DEL)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: documentation vs. customize (Re: <backspace> and DEL)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:28:36 -0500

> Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > (Is the manual all you consider `documentation'?)
>
> I was talking about the manual.  Of course, it's an excellent piece of
> documentation!  I'd like to see documented more user variables in the
> manual.  Yes, this might bloat the manual; maybe, all the user variables
> should be listed in an appendix with short explanations or we should
> start a separate reference manual?

I generally don't like custom too much, but I think that it does a pretty
good job of presenting the various variables available.

As for the actual manual, it seems that its size is a non-negligible
issue because it is also printed/published.  Maybe the online info
manual should directly interface with `custom' ?

        Stefan