`char-displayable-p'

From: Miles Bader
Subject: `char-displayable-p'
Date: 19 Mar 2001 18:17:25 +0900

I remember a long time ago there was talk about adding a
`char-displayable-p' function, which would return non-nil if a character
could be displayed by the current display (tty or window system).

I don't see such a function; was it never added, or was it added under a
different name?

[If it was never added, was there a reason?]

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche