Re: Unicode/Mule (Re: null-device)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Unicode/Mule (Re: null-device)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:31:06 -0600 (MDT)

    That's why your statement that `mule has to go away first' seems
    nonsensical to me.  Of course, _part_ of mule must go -- the part that's
    being replaced, and any other parts that are too closely dependent on
    that representation -- but to say _all_ of mule must go is ignorant of
    what mule is.  [of course, it's possible that the majority of people use
    the word `mule' in a much more narrow sense, to refer specifically to
    the current internal encoding, in which case I'll happily admit to being

However few or many they are, you are right and they are wrong.