Re: Emacs on 64-bit architectures

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Emacs on 64-bit architectures
Date: 16 Oct 2001 18:34:01 +0100

I have in the past fixed most of the real problems indicated by
compilation warnings in 64-bit mode on Solaris, Irix and Tru64 (and,
possibly, Alpha GNU/Linux).  There is a lot of noise in the warnings,
so it's tedious.  I think you'll not see some of the problems on a GNU
system.  It surprises me that the big-endian systems work at all.

Much of that has now bit-rotted and been junked, but some is probably
still useful if anyone wants to merge it when I have time to recover
it.  It's not worth re-doing yet, anyway.