Re: expand-file-name in fileio.c twice?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: expand-file-name in fileio.c twice?
Date: 21 Oct 2001 20:38:12 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> Some of the #if 0'ed functions give a doc string because it's too long
> for some preprocessors.

...and presumably this is no longer an issue if the doc strings are in
comments instead of strings.

If there are preprocessors out there that can't handle long _comments_,
well, then they probably won't be to compile emacs at all, because there
are some really insanely huge comments in the emacs source code, having
nothing to do with doc-strings.

I'd say it's probably OK to remove all the #if 0'd duplicate DEFUNS now.

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?