Re: Gnuserv

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gnuserv
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:51:32 -0700 (MST)

Ok, I am willing to install gnuserv in Emacs itself.
And if it is upward compatible with emacsclient, we can
then delete emacsclient.

This does require some practical work to be done.
Who wants to do it?

Meanwhile, I seem to recall that gnuserv had a way to run
commands in Emacs as well as tell it to visit files.
I also seem to recall that there was a security hole in that.
Does anyone know what has happened with this issue?
Has the feature been made secure?  Should we disable that feature?