Re: MAINTAINERS file and .el files?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file and .el files?
Date: 25 Nov 2001 21:15:53 +0900

address@hidden (Pavel Janík) writes:
> do we need .el files listed in MAINTAINERS?

Yes

> We do have this information in .el files in Author: or Maintainer:,

No we don't

The Maintainer: line can have a value of `FSF'.  The MAINTAINERS file
adds more detail for FSF-maintained files (and I think it's useful to
have it an central place like MAINTAINERS).

> so I think it is useless/duplicated or Lisp part of this file should
> be autogenerated.

I disagree

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.