Re: Changes in the menu bar

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in the menu bar
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:38:38 +0200

> From: Sam Steingold <address@hidden>
> Date: 25 Nov 2001 12:52:37 -0500
> IMO, "apropos" and "describe" are _very_ different paradigms, and
> mixing them is wrong.  I thought they were put together accidentally.
> All I did was separate the "apropos" items from the "describe" items.

You also added a couple of items that were not there.

Anyway, two minor comments:

  - Is it possible to find a more self-explanatory name than
    "Apropos", for the top-level menu item leading to this submenu?
    I'm afraid "Apropos" won't ring a bell with many newbies, and we
    want them to use these features a lot.

  - The item "Apropos symbol" should IMHO be renamed to something
    more clear.  ``Symbol'' is not something new users would grasp.

In general, perhaps we should follow the lead of the Customize
submenu, which uses "Options Matching Regexp" instead of "Apropos