Re: New mh-e toolbar icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New mh-e toolbar icons
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 11:02:45 +0200 (IST)

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Richard Stallman wrote:

>       Where would folks prefer I check them in, in mail (default), or
>       perhaps in toolbar since we do take advantage of many icons in there?
>
> I think it is cleaner to keep all the icons in the toolbar directory.
> That will facilitate reuse of these icons for other purposes.

That's not what we've been doing until now.  We have Gnus's icons in
lisp/gnus/, and Spedbar's icons are in lisp/.  Should we lump all of
them into lisp/toolbar/?

> The icons that are only suitable for mail, because the actual images
> somehow refer to mail, should have `mail' in the file names.

That would severely limit the range of possible names they can use,
given the restrictions of DOS 8+3 filesystems on file names.  That's
why I suggested to keep them in the mail/ subdirectory: you don't need
the prefix in that case.