Re: Abbrevs changed mysteriously

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Abbrevs changed mysteriously
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:19:59 -0700 (MST)

    > Every so often, C-x C-s asks me if I want to save abbrevs.  This is
    > strange because I have not defined any abbrevs during the session.
    > Something must be setting abbrevs-changed, but I have not been able to
    > guess what.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this?

    Yes, I also wanted to bitch about it.
    This bug popped up in one of the pretests.

That is interesting, because I thought it was due to a change I made
a few weeks ago, after the release: to make save-abbrevs default to t.

Perhaps you were setting save-abbrevs yourself before the release,
so you saw this earlier.  Do you remember about when it started?
Someone could scan the change log for that time and the previous
month or two.