Re: Emacs and GTK.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs and GTK.
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:03:00 -0700 (MST)

    Not speaking for wmperry, but for me it means replacing all X calls with
    GTK calls.  Basically this is the functionallity of lwlib and at least
    the functionallity of these files:

    widget.c xfaces.c xfns.c xmenu.c xrdb.c xselect.c xterm.c

That is a lot of code to duplicate.  It is not necessarily out of the
question, but I have to ask: can we avoid any of it?

Perhaps xselect and xrdb at least could be used with GDK.  And why not
xfaces?  That code has very little to do with actual output.