hl-line should be updated when overlay-arrow-position is changed

From: Kevin A. Burton
Subject: hl-line should be updated when overlay-arrow-position is changed
Date: 08 Dec 2001 19:03:33 -0800

OK.

I am playing around with a debugger that is setting overlay-arrow-position for
every debug step.

The only problem is that this is sort of confusing as the `hl-line-mode' line
isn't updated.  AKA it is one line behind the overlay arrow.

Example:

    ------------------- and the hl-line is here ---------------
--> this is where the arrow would be

... (does that make sense)

Can anyone think of a way around this?  I can't think of anything elegant :(

Kevin

--
Kevin A. Burton ( address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden )
        Jabber - address@hidden,  Web - http://relativity.yi.org/

The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change
amid order.

  - Alfred North Whitehead, Science and the Modern World