RE: Emacs + LessTif serious scroll judder when point-max is visib le

From: Marshall, Simon
Subject: RE: Emacs + LessTif serious scroll judder when point-max is visib le
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:50:35 -0000

I find it better, and more reliable---without the patch using the
scrollbar I can regularly only scroll as far as to show the last n lines
of the buffer, where n varies from attempt to attempt.  With the patch,
I can always scroll down so that point = point-max = window-start.
Also, mouse-2 seems more reliable---without the patch sometimes mouse-2
in the scrollbar doesn't move point to where I would expect it to.

What don't you like about it Stefan?  That the scrollbar is always the
same size?  It doesn't bother me.

It's fairly easy to get a scrollbar scroll to the bottom of the buffer
to show a blank screen with point = point-max in the middle of the
window.  A C-l redisplays the text above point correctly.  I suspect
this is a bug with eXceed, as I've reported several other similar
problems that cannot be reproduced by others, but I aught to mention it.