Re: GNU TLS lisp bindings

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: GNU TLS lisp bindings
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:49:58 +0000 (GMT)

> Thanks for the pointer. Alex Schroeder also told me
> (on gnu.emacs.help) about this patch:
> http://www.gnusoftware.com/Emacs/Dynamic/
> that allows you to use an elisp function, load-dynamic-library,
> to load in a C library dynamically. I found I couldn't call
> emacs functions when I used it; maybe I don't understand
> dlopen well enough, though.

  I'm just about to re-write that code to use the XEmacs
 styles "emodules".

  This will make it run properly, and will have the side effect
 of working on Emacs 21.x.

  I posted a brief message on gnu.emacs.bug this week announcing
 my intention to start on this over the weekend.

Steve
---
# NT Emacs FAQ maintainer.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq.html

# All about Steve           # And his GNU Software
http://www.steve.org.uk     http://GNUSoftware.com