Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 10:52:34 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Dave Love)
> Date: 21 Dec 2001 16:56:57 +0000
>
>  > That is the information we need in order to go beyond
>  > "He said this, she said that" and figure out what is really right.
>
> I'm saying what I -- as user and author of that part of the method --
> experienced and intended.  I don't see how others are in a position to
> argue with that

I'm not arguing with your experiences, I am arguing with the code you
committed to solve the problems you experienced.  I do think the
solution is wrong; but that doesn't mean I'm saying the problem
doesn't exist, or that what you saw didn't happen.

> This is a ridiculous waste of time.

I fail to see how discussing changes to Emacs can be a waste of time.
This is a collective effort; don't we want to make sure we have a
reasonable agreement about code that's added?  And if there are
disagreements or misunderstandings, shouldn't they be discussed and
resolved?