Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 23:26:59 -0700 (MST)

    > I guess the idea of maximized versus normal (when that idea exists) is
    > private to the window manager, but maybe it'd be possible to have
    > "--fullscreen" understood as just an initial size and position, not
    > unlike --geometry but with a calculated size.

    Yes, this is what xli does.  It creates a window with the size of the
    screen and does XSetNormalHints with both Psize and Usize set, and
    minsize set to maxsize.

    It makes the window cover the screen, but it is no maximized in the
    window manager sense, i.e. if there is a maximize button that the window
    manager puts on the window it is not in the maximize state. maybe that
    doesn't matter.

Would you like to implement this in Emacs?  Maybe the option could be
done in Lisp using x-display-pixel-width and x-display-pixel-height.