Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:14:50 -0700 (MST)

    How do I compute the screen size in lines of text?

There is C code which converts between total frame height and number
of lines.  One way or another, that code could be used here.  It is
hard to understand, though--I have never fully understood the code in
widget.c.  It would be a good candidate for a total rewrite by someone
who really understands the X toolkit (unfortunately I do not).