Re: Policy on updating info/ directory?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Policy on updating info/ directory?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 17:22:44 -0700 (MST)

       > GFDL is part of the manual itself, as an appendix; see
       > man/doclicense.texi.  So I think this is okay.

    It is part of the GNU Emacs manual. It is not part of message.texi,
    gnus.texi etc. This can lead to confusion about copying conditions which is

Here's how we are dealing with this issue just now.  message.texi
has this statement:

    This document is part of a collection distributed under the GNU Free
    Documentation License.  If you want to distribute this document
    separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the
    license to the document, as described in section 6 of the license.

That is fine for on-line distribution, but I am now starting to think
it is not adequate for printing.  So I think we should modify
message.texi and the other such manuals so that they include
doclicense.texi, in @iftex.

For the Info and HTML files, it would be useful to add a link to the
GFDL where it is found in one of the other manuals.  The link could go
right after the notice which I quoted above.

Would you like to do this?