Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?
Date: 11 Jan 2002 14:35:51 -0500

> * In message <address@hidden>
> * On the subject of "Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ? "
> * Sent on Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:24:56 -0500
> * Honorable "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
>
> I'd much rather that no frame (and no splash screen) are created
> before reading .emacs, messages from the execution of .emacs are sent
> to stderr or stdout as if in batch mode,

yes oh yes!!!  please!!!

> and only when the .emacs has been loaded create the initial frame.

and these messages should be also available in the *Messages* buffer,
_as well as_ the stderr.

this is for the benefit of those who start Emacs using a menu and thus
do not have stderr before their eyes.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>