Re: lispref and RC

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lispref and RC
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:14:05 +0200 (IST)

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I just noticed that the Lisp Reference manual files
> don't have separate versions in RC.

How did you see that?

>From what I see, they do have the RC tag.  For example,
"cvs log lispref/files.texi" shows me, among other things:

        EMACS_21_1: 1.40
        EMACS_21_1_RC: 1.40.0.4
        EMACS_21_1_BASE: 1.40

There might be some files in lispref which don't have RC-specific
versions, but that just means they haven't changed since the repository
was tagged with EMACS_21_1_RC.

(Do you intend to make a new version of elisp-manual as part of Emacs
21.2 release?  I didn't tar it; perhaps I should.)