Re: gud.el changes

From: Zoltan Kemenczy
Subject: Re: gud.el changes
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:09:56 -0500

2002-01-16    <address@hidden>

 * gud.el (easy-mmode-defmap): Enable "Up Stack", "Down Stack", and
 "Finish Function" menu map entries for jdb mode.
 (gud-jdb-use-classpath): new customization variable (see source
 for details).
 (gud-jdb-command-name): convert to customization variable.
 (gud-jdb-classpath, gud-marker-acc-max-length,
 gud-jdb-classpath-string): new variables.
 (gud-jdb-source-files, gud-jdb-class-source-alist,
 gud-jdb-build-source-files-list): move comments into documentation
 strings.
 (gud-jdb-massage-args): Record any command argument classpath
 string in `gud-jdb-classpath-string'.
 (gud-jdb-lowest-stack-level): new, used to find bottom of current
 java call stack in jdb output.
 (gud-jdb-find-source-using-classpath, gud-jdb-find-source,
 gud-jdb-parse-classpath-string): new functions.
 (gud-jdb-marker-filter): search/detect classpath information in
 jdb's output. marker regexp updated to match oldjdb and jdb output
 formats. Expand search for source files to include new/old methods
 using new functions above. Do not allow `gud-marker-acc' to grow
 without bound.
 (jdb): Update documentation string. Set classpath information (if
 available) as jdb is started. Change `gud-break' and `gud-remove'
 to use new %c ("class") escape in format strings. Add
 `gud-finish', `gud-up', `gud-down' command string functions, and
 add them to the local menu map. Update `comint-prompt-regexp' for
 jdb and oldjdb. If attaching to an already running java VM and
 configured to use classpath, send command to query for classpath,
 else use previous method for finding and parsing java
 sources. Set `gud-jdb-find-source' function accordingly.
 (gud-mode): update documentation string to include jdb.
 (gud-format-command): add support for new %c ("class") escape.
 (gud-find-class): New function in support of %c escape.