Re: emacs --geometry has no effect (latest CVS)

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: emacs --geometry has no effect (latest CVS)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 23:48:09 +0100 (CET)

> With the current CVS emacs, -g and --geometry= don't work anymore.
> If I undo the following changes (i.e. revert to x-win.el rev 1.147),
> it works again:
>
> 2002-01-13  Jan Djarv  <address@hidden>
>
>       * term/x-win.el (x-handle-initial-switch): New function.
>
> 2001-12-23  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>
>
>       * term/x-win.el (x-handle-geometry): Put height and width
>       on default-frame-alist, left and top on initial-frame-alist.

I can not reproduce this, it works for me with this invocation:

emacs -g 50x50+200+200

Can you say how you specified -g on the command line, and what didn't work
(position, size or both)?  Which window manager do you use?  Can you see
the problem with another window manager?

Also, do you have any size or position in initial/default-frame-alist?

        Jan D.