Re: Prevent iso-8859 unification for some files?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Prevent iso-8859 unification for some files?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:32:13 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Kai =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjohann?=)
> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:49:00 +0100
>
> I just did C-x C-f on ucs-tables.el, then C-x C-w to another file,
> then ran cmp on the two files, and they differ.

Why is that a problem?  More accurately, why isn't this something you
should expect?  Unification changes the characters, so it's a small
wonder you have differences.  I understand that people who use this
mode actually _want_ the characters to be unified, i.e. changed.

Anyway, that shouldn't make any problems for Emacs itself, since it
only reads the file.  Or do you have similar reports about trouble
that happens when the file is loaded?