Re: "About Emacs" menu item?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "About Emacs" menu item?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:01:11 +0200

> From: Alex Schroeder <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:00:23 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I think this is not what users expect from a "About" item.  Perhaps we
> > could add something like the "more info" button, though.
>
> If so, then it should just pop up an Info buffer with the
> "Introduction" node from the Emacs manual.

Mmm.. not sure.  It certainly is not what the other programs do: they
just show detailed version information, which would be analogous to
Emacs showing a long list with versions of all the bundled packages.

It could make sense, IMHO, to display some more detailed usage
instructions, but the manual's Introduction is hardly a good candidate
for this.  Some list of popular commands might be a better idea.