Re: Updated Patch for command remapping through keymaps

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Updated Patch for command remapping through keymaps
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:54:21 -0700 (MST)

    > No GCPRO is necessary here.

    Ok, If you say so ... :-)

The value in key is not used again once the subroutine is called.

    However, I don't really understand the lack of GCPRO in some of the
    functions in keymap.c.  Specifically, I would have expected GCPRO
    before the calls to
      keymap = get_keymap (..., ..., 1);
    in
      Fset_keymap_parent  (parent)

You are right.  This was not needed in the past, but now that
get_keymap can autoload and thus run Lisp code, the gcpro is needed.
Could someone add that?