Re: Updated Patch for command remapping through keymaps

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Updated Patch for command remapping through keymaps
Date: 07 Feb 2002 00:44:30 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> >     However, I don't really understand the lack of GCPRO in some of the
> >     functions in keymap.c.  Specifically, I would have expected GCPRO
> >     before the calls to
> >       keymap = get_keymap (..., ..., 1);
> >     in
> >       Fset_keymap_parent  (parent)
> >
> > You are right.  This was not needed in the past, but now that
> > get_keymap can autoload and thus run Lisp code, the gcpro is needed.
> > Could someone add that?
>
> I will do that as soon as I have committed my current set of patches.

Well, I have looked at it, and it is more complicated than that.  If
get_keymap can GC, then all the functions which calls it can also GC -
and so on.  For example, functions calling Fkeymap_parent may also GC.

I think fixing this requires a better understanding of the relationships
between these functions, so the maintainer of keymap.c should make the
changes.