Re: Proposal to make font-locking easier to understand

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Proposal to make font-locking easier to understand
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:16:36 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:30:50 -0700 (MST)
>
> I think the renamings just proposed are good ones.
> We should make those changes, if nobody suggests better ones.

Are the proposed changes back-compatible?  If not, can they be made
back-compatible (e.g., by using defvaralias)?

If neither can be done, I'd object to introducing incompatibilities
into features that are used for such a long time (and therefore we
can expect a large body of Lisp code relying on those names).