Re: Should invisible imply intangible?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Should invisible imply intangible?
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 07:40:23 -0700 (MST)

    Also, as David Kastrup has mentioned repeatedly, intangible text tends
    to break lots of things...

I don't think so.

    For example: automatically move point to a visible area after each command
    (and after post-command-hook, of course) or during redisplay (I believe
    there is already such a feature for text with a `display' property).

If we can find some better way to move point out of certain text than
what `intangible' does now, perhaps we should redefine the meaning of
`intangible'.  But I think it breaks only a few things, occasionally.
I think it is pretty good.