Re: Should customizing default-frame-alist change existing frames?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Should customizing default-frame-alist change existing frames?
Date: 04 Mar 2002 22:29:10 +0100

> On Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:33:43 -0500, "Stefan Monnier"
> <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > It wouldn't be "perfect" but should be mostly acceptable.
> >
> > I don't think that leaving dedicated frames as-is is a good answer [...]
>
> I'm starting to think that's one of those issues where there's
> considerable individual variation;

So maybe it could be customizeable (with sensible default setting).

A simple list with the frame parameters where changes should be
reflected on all frames could do the trick.  [of course this
should be a defcustom], e.g.

(defvar frame-parameters-all-frames '(background-mode
scroll-bar-background scroll-bar-foreground border-color cursor-color
mouse-color background-color foreground-color font))