Re: Command remapping and the delete-frame problem.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Command remapping and the delete-frame problem.
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:41:00 -0700 (MST)

    2. I tried the new remap notation in 21.1.90 and it was simply ignored
       without an error therefore condition-case can't test the
       availability of this feature.  There is no (provide 'command-remap)
       either.  How can a program determine the availability of the new
       feature?  I want to leave function advise for the older versions
       of emacs that does not have command remap feature.

The version we install in Emacs should have only the command
remapping.  It should not have the advice.  To include the advice
would be clutter and it would make the package harder to maintain, and
it would not help users at all.

As for people using older Emacs versions, they can use your old
version of the file.  There is no reason for the new version of
table.el to support advice.