Re: New patch for server sockets and datagram (UDP) support.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: New patch for server sockets and datagram (UDP) support.
Date: 08 Mar 2002 21:57:55 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> > > Hmm... this looks a bit strange.  Can you give some examples?
> > > Especially, what do you supply as VALUE?
> > >

> > It simply tests whether using KEY VALUE as arguments to make-network-stream
> > is supported, e.g. :datagram t, :nowait t, :family 'local.
>
> I suggest to use `subfeatures' for that:
>
>    (provide 'network '(:datagram :nowait :family ...))

I don't want to invent something new here if it isn't needed, but the
problem here is that the proper setings here are determined at
compile-time, so it's not just a question of putting a (provide...)
line somewhere in a lisp file -- since that information is not
available to lisp [that's why I provided the :feature interface].

> so you can then check
>
>    (featurep 'network :datagram)

But how do you test for availability of :family 'local ?