Issues in 21.2.50

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Issues in 21.2.50
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:45:08 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi,
 I am using the Emacs 21.2.50 which I downloaded as a tarbal from the
 CVS from the following URL.
 http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/emacs.tar.gz?tarball=1

 I built it on NT using MSVC 6.0.
 I could not build the "leim" and I copied the older leim from
 Emacs-21.0.90 and built the code. This may be a cause for my
 problems too but I am not sure.

 The problems I face are as follows:
 I run emacs with "emacs --no-init-file"
 1. I get the startup screen with the help and other information
    (splash-screen)
 2. When I click or get into to "*scratch*" buffer, I get the
    following error:
    x-session-id and x-session-previous-id not defined.
    emacs-recover-session not defined.

 I must admit the 21.2.50 is much faster and I do like it. Hope to
 see it soon on pre-testing.

with best regards,
dhruva

       |     Remaining time multiplied by distress is CONSTANT     |